Bless Gaming Forums
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
Enkss

Location de-sync issue

Hello.

I played MG today for a while doing PVP stuff in BA.
Noticed that de-sync issue can be replicated in this scenario that i'm showing here:

As you can see in video, it's not working 100% of time, but usually this is about as long as it takes to do the glitch. (Sometimes I could do it on 1st try.)

From other chars perspective location for MG is in the attack zone, but on MG screen its in safe zone, although debuff effect still applies.

Best regards,
Enkss

• Like 3

you cant believe a lot of things you can do to ppl on safe zona at BA xD, i dont know what is the problem but is big.
When u try to go out and enemy attack with ctrl also hits you desync xD
Sometimes when i try go out BA im dead before i see my char out safe zone on my screen

Edited by firx

4 minutes ago, firx said:

you cant believe a lot of things you can do to ppl on safe zona at BA xD, i dont know what is the problem but is big.
When u try to go out and enemy attack with ctrl also hits you desync xD
Sometimes when i try go out BA im dead before i see my char out safe zone on my screen

Yeah, I know. Basically server side and client side can de-sync in some cases, even with just moving.
I'm showing here a reproductible way to do a big location difference between source client and server side (and other clients).

Another example (not so good though):

In this example ping is set to 600 ms synthetically, it's a bit different case but - 

When doing the damage, location is rechecked and throwback happens, but it also happens only when damage is done with some delay. I know this might hurt network optimisation, but if there were interval syncs of location in maybe some limited cases (like not necessary under F6), then this would solve some issues. But i understand this might not be so easy, as de-sync happens very often in PVP when clicking move all the time when char stutters from HP damage, so that would mean more packets need to be sent in addition to all PVP stuff that happens. So instead of hurting network optimisation it might critically hurt it... (Can't you pack location into all other packets that are sent to client?)

But okay there my competence ends, no idea how netcode works here.

Anyways the first video is an example how to constantly reproduce location desync between client and server.

• Confused 1

Thinking about this with the mu knowledge i have i think without making any massive modifications the following fix should be applied :
This would not be so much about this jumping issue but more related to walking during stagger, which causes sliding and teleporting effect.
I think its caused by same thing , but to fix the sliding without looking too deep into modification packet sending following fix should be implemented:

ADJUST CLIENT !! 
Adjust it in a sense that you are not able to click move further than 5 coordinates away from your character . 
Make it necessary to press close to your character to move . Skills still have the same range , but walking clicking in the corner of screen wont move character.
This fix also will fix small view range click walking to get on bc/ds/statue and it will work as implemented !
I strongly suggest that this adjustment is implemented ! Im willing to test it if it gets made !
It would make little bit harder to play for og users , but it will only increase the skill gap !
@BeL4eNaK

Cut related issue , just disable the cut possibility on the enemy when hes in safe zone.

Edited by edzayo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1